Hi all! Thanks so much for reading my blog. I’m grateful for each person that comes here.
I’m 40 years old, with sensitive, fair, extremely dry skin that’s prone to hormonal outbreaks. My whole life I have fought with trying to stay moisturized, and around 28 I started fighting hormonal acne. It took more than eight years to find the solution, but thanks to adopting an Asian beauty routine, my acne has gone away and I no longer suffer from painfully dry skin and ugly breakouts. That discovery made me passionate about it, and keeping this blog is an effort to share that discovery with others so they can discover their own ways to take care of their skin and become happier with it. This blog is also aimed at beginners who are overwhelmed by the burgeoning world of Asian beauty and don’t know where to start.
A few things to know:
- This site does contain affiliate links. If there are links of this sort in a post, there will be a disclaimer at the bottom of each post that contains them.
- Some product reviews on this site were provided by beauty companies. Same as above, there will be a disclaimer on any post that features an item provided for me to review. The majority of what’s written about here is purchased by me.
- All products reviewed on this site, whether purchased by me or sent for review, are assessed with 100% objectivity. I will not accept money or favors of any kind in exchange for positive reviews, blog posts, or any other sort of endorsements. Raves are 100% my own. If you would like to work with me, please be aware I cannot promise a positive review of your product. I will only link back to your website once in my review and will not place links to your website for keywords.
- I am not a skincare professional. I am an enthusiast with a passion for Asian skincare and am wholly self-educated. If you suffer from severe skincare issues, please see a professional.
- I am an accredited journalist. I have written about a wide variety of topics, including Asian pop culture (specifically Korean and Japanese) for CNN and HLN since 2010. I have been trained to research my sources and report from the source, and you will find that quality of journalistic integrity on this blog at all times.
Want to ask me a question, inquire about sponsorship, or trade dry skin tips? Please do via our Facebook Page!